Welcome to the CoursePlus Web site for INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE LABORATORY I (182.618.19), a course offered by the Department of Environmental Health Sciences at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Uses laboratory and field methods and equipment to appraise occupational and environmental atmospheric conditions. Topics include grab and dynamic sampling; measurement of respirable and non-respirable particulates; particulates size analysis; and fiber sampling and analysis.
Upon successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Calibrate air sampling pumps using primary and secondary standards
- Conduct air sampling for airborne particulate matter
- Define criteria and equipment used for size-selective particulate matter sampling
- Conduct air sampling using direct-reading instruments
- Perform a survey for airborne contaminants
- Write a professional report for air sample survey results
Mon Wed Fri 8:30 AM to 11:50 AM
Students enrolled in the part-time/online MSPH in OEH
Grading Policy: Student evaluation based on written lab reports and a field project.
Grading Restrictions: Letter grade