APPLICATIONS IN PROGRAM MONITORING AND EVALUATION Syllabus
Course Learning Objectives
Upon successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Work with program stakeholders to identify the intended use and intended users of the evaluation
- Develop a conceptual framework for the evaluation that guides the development of evaluation questions
- Select appropriate study designs to match the evaluation questions and the political and logistic feasibility of conducting research
- Develop measurable indicators
- Write an evaluation grant proposal and to develop a budget for an evaluation
Course DescriptionStudents learn and practice the skills to conduct evaluations of local and international public health interventions. Emphasizes scientifically rigorous evaluations whose results are useful to program stakeholders and are actually applied to improve interventions.
Intended AudienceJHSPH students
Methods of AssessmentStudent evaluation is based on completion of three case studies and class participation.
Please see the course Session for a full list of dates and items for this course.
Academic Ethics Code
Students enrolled in the Bloomberg School of Public Health of The Johns Hopkins University assume an obligation to conduct themselves in a manner appropriate to the University's mission as an institution of higher education. A student is obligated to refrain from acts which he or she knows, or under the circumstances has reason to know, impair the academic integrity of the University. Violations of academic integrity include, but are not limited to: cheating; plagiarism; knowingly furnishing false information to any agent of the University for inclusion in the academic record; violation of the rights and welfare of animal or human subjects in research; and misconduct as a member of either School or University committees or recognized groups or organizations.
Disability Support ServicesIf you are a student with a documented disability who requires an academic accommodation, please contact the Office of Student Life Services at 410-955-3034 or via email at email@example.com.