PROFESSIONAL EPIDEMIOLOGIC METHODS: HEALTH DATA SOURCES Syllabus
Course Learning Objectives
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify, critically evaluate and use public health information systems to develop epidemiological and population health profiles
- Identify the main epidemiological metrics and tools needed for measuring population health burden
- Identify main sources of vital and health statistics
- Describe the steps in assessment of routine and public health information systems
- Identify tools and measurements used to monitor quality of public health information systems
Course DescriptionEmphasizes the use of public health information systems for measuring population health burdens, developing epidemiological profiles and conducting health situation analyses.
Intended AudienceJHSPH students and Summer Institute participants
Methods of Assessment60% - labs; 40% final exam
Prerequisites340.608 Observational Epid or 340.752 Epidemiologic Methods 2
Please see the course Session for a full list of dates and items for this course.
Academic Ethics Code
Students enrolled in the Bloomberg School of Public Health of The Johns Hopkins University assume an obligation to conduct themselves in a manner appropriate to the University's mission as an institution of higher education. A student is obligated to refrain from acts which he or she knows, or under the circumstances has reason to know, impair the academic integrity of the University. Violations of academic integrity include, but are not limited to: cheating; plagiarism; knowingly furnishing false information to any agent of the University for inclusion in the academic record; violation of the rights and welfare of animal or human subjects in research; and misconduct as a member of either School or University committees or recognized groups or organizations.
Disability Support ServicesIf you are a student with a documented disability who requires an academic accommodation, please contact the Office of Student Life Services at 410-955-3034 or via email at email@example.com.